5.27.2009

Longest pie name ever

Maple Walnut Raisin Lattice Pie is like a big butter tart with a chocolate crust. This was the first time I made a chocolate pastry dough; it's soft and sticky and needs to be handled carefully. The recipe is simple: butter, sugar, salt (these 3 creamed together); eggs, vanilla (added into mixture); flour and baking and cocoa powder (sifted together and added to mixture) are combined and then refrigerated for half an hour. The filling is SO good: brown sugar, cornstarch (blended); plus, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Graham crumbs are sprinkled on the crust once it has been rolled out and placed into pan - they help absorb some of the filling so it doesn't soak through the bottom of the pie. The walnuts and raisins are then placed on top and the filling poured over and baked at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

In other news, I think I've put on a few pounds.

No comments: