10.23.2009

I don't like piping

I felt like I would never reach the bottom of the bowl of the cookie batter for these. I must have piped 5 or 6 sheets of Chocolate Spritz and Hazelnut Rosette cookies. They're the sort of thing that took so long to make that by the time they came out of the oven, I had no interest in eating them. These are similar to the cookies I made in Baking Arts I. The chocolate ones are a mixture of shortening, butter, vanilla, orange zest, icing sugar, eggs, milk, flour and cocoa powder. Once piped and baked, they were made into raspberry jam sandwiches and dipped or drizzled with white chocolate.

The hazelnut cookies contained butter, icing sugar, eggs {+ additional yolks}, hazelnuts {aka filberts - who knew?}, flour, vanilla and spices {cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice}. After being piped and baked, a drop of raspberry jam is placed on the top and these are drizzled with chocolate.

"Having no interest in eating them" is actually code for "I caved the next day anyway because they looked so good" and yum! Both variations were good.

No comments: